28.11.08

The Reminder

There's a definite something in the air as of late. I want to say I can smell it, but I know for sure I can feel it; It feels like hope.
It would be nice to say that it is the beginning of the rest of my life. But that seems like too high of an expectation. Maybe it's a state of confidence.
Either way, it has made me concious of where I am and where I'm going. Each new step in my life is bringing me closer to something I've never heard of; Something big. I'm learning more, thinking more, seeing more, loving more, writing more, and living more. And so far each step has been solid. The ground beneath me seems to want to stay there, and I'm thankful.

It seems obvious lately that I'm sticking to school and striding for good grades, and that I'm meeting people, but at the same time learning more about what it means to be a friend. Which is frightening, but I'm finding that you're never really done learning about something, or anything at all for that matter. And that excites me.
Soon enough Christmas will be here, and I have no idea what to get anyone. And it doesn't seem to phase me. I apologize. But I hope to spread the cheer.
Though I think the biggest help in my new found sight is my beautiful girlfriend. She is constantly giving me perspectives, and it's only one of the many reasons I love her.

All of this combining into a grand sense of adventure on a miniature scale. I'm growing up, slowly, but surely. And eventually I will create a life of my very own. The more that I think about it. The more that it scares me.
And I realize. What's in the air is not the future. It's the present. And I think it's telling me to live now. Plan for the future, but I'm existing in this moment, and I should take it with me wherever I go.
But how can I ever know?

-Taylor J. Pridgen

No comments:

Post a Comment